Once your modular building is on-site, your focus turns to the job at hand. But don't forget about building maintenance.
Keeping your building in excellent condition not only ensures a pleasant and safe environment but also helps you avoid unexpected charges and costs in the long run. At Portacom, we understand the importance of proper maintenance, and we've gathered some key tips to help you keep your building in the best possible condition throughout the life of your lease:
1. Avoid making additional holes in the walls (inside or out) for new power, data points, oir conduit - contact your Portacom rep instead for guidance.
2. Be careful when putting things up on the walls (inside and out). Any holes or residue (from double-sided tape or silicone) can be difficult to remove, so use the pre-existing screws instead.
3. Remember to use one of the existing screws when affixing your fire extinguisher.
4. Avoid damage to the exterior of the building such as concrete splatter on walls or dents from site vehicles or equipment by planning ahead. Simply use barrier to protect your building.
5. Be careful if you fit your own flooring into the building. Carpet glue can be difficult to remove without damaging the building's existing flooring.
Sometimes building damage can't be controlled. Unforeseen events such as vandalism, fire, theft, or an 'Act of God' may strike at any time.
Remember, regular maintenance is an investment that pays off in the long run. By prioritising building maintenance, you can extend the life of your lease and avoid costly surprises down the line. At Portacom, we are here to support you with any maintenance needs and provide guidance throughout your lease term. For added peace of mind, speak to your Portacom contact about Building Renter Protection.